An incubator doesn’t take equity or charge it’s “portfolio”. Incubators typically focus on nurturing founders to take the leap into entrepreneurship, hence why they’re usually operated as non-profits or government/social ventures operating with grant or sponsor/donor funds. An accelerator provides funding and receives equity in each portfolio, just like an investor. Accelerators focus on their portfolios reaching product/market fit with growth in revenue, users/market share or technology IP. Accelerators are usually operated as investment firms, hence why they’re funded by angel or professional investors looking for a return on their investment.
10xC provides seed funding, advice and shared services to entrepreneurs working on ideas or concepts towards validation of product/market fit. 10xC makes $10,000 investments into a large group of ideas or existing startups for equity. In exchange, 10xC provides product & distribution resources from within the PlanetN Group of Companies to help our portfolio grow revenue, users/market share and IP as fast as possible during the accelerator program. 10xC is the first-of-its-kind venture in Pakistan in a few ways:
- The only incubator or accelerator in Pakistan providing funding instead of grants/sponsors.
- Our Group has written more investment checks via PlanetN and 10xC in 2016 than any other individual or professional investors.
- The only incubator or accelerator in Pakistan that provides access to it’s own Marketing agency and Software house at cost, thereby beating any other quote our portfolio can receive for services needed. Those don’t include the other 14 companies in PlanetN.
- One of the few incubators or accelerators in Pakistan where mentors are incentivized to support our portfolio. If we just consider the executives in PlanetN (16 companies averaging 4 executives/managers each), 10xC can boast AT LEAST 64 mentors whose job it is to help our portfolio through advice, technology support, customer data and partner/vendor connections.
- The only incubator or accelerator in Pakistan founded by a team with experience building and selling tech companies, locally and abroad.
- The only incubator or accelerator in Pakistan founded by a team with experience investing in tech and non-tech companies.
- The only incubator or accelerator in Pakistan operating its own Venture Capital firm and venture fund.